Holiday Centre - Westward Ho!
Due to sustained growth Braddicks Holiday Centre are recruiting for a permanent part-time Holiday Consultant / Receptionist to join our friendly team at our award-winning busy holiday park in Westward Ho!
Braddicks Holiday Centre is an award-winning holiday park situated in the stunning coastal resort of Westward Ho! The holiday park is operated all year round. We have a great team of people who offer a fun and energic working environment. If you are looking to join a successful, hardworking and dynamic team, this would be a fantastic career choice.
The position of the part-time Holiday Consultant / Receptionist requires a flexible individual willing to work both mid-week and weekends. The desired candidate will have excellent communication, organisational, and customer service skills. Computer literacy is essential and full training and support will be provided for our in-house booking system.
Hours of work…
During peak season hours of work will vary from 18 – 25 per week, off-peak from 16 – 18. This position will include working regular weekends on a rota basis. Our office is open from 8 am – 7 pm, (9 am – 4 pm on a Sunday) therefore hours of work will require some early starts and late finishes.
The successful candidate will also need to cover holidays as required, increasing the working week to 30+ hours on some occasions.
Main responsibilities include:
- Use a bespoke reservations system to check holiday availability, make/cancel/amend reservations.
- Advise customers on the best accommodation to suit their needs/requirements (full training is given).
- Develop in-depth knowledge of our product to enable you to sell to the best of your ability.
- Maintain guest accounts by obtaining, recording and updating personal and financial information in line with GDPR.
- Creating correspondence for customer bookings.
- Print booking charts and reports from reservation systems and give to relevant departments.
- Processing payments for holidays via EPOS, PDQ, cheque and cash.
- Processing the daily post, action payments, filing booking forms and adding guest’s data to their bookings.
- Liaise with housekeeping and maintenance for any forthcoming arrivals or departures for a relevant period. Also record and report any day to day problems to the relevant department.
- Welcoming guests and visitors by greeting them in person, via email or on the telephone; answering or referring enquiries.
- You will be required to use Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook.
- General office administration.
- You will be responsible for the opening and closing of the office, including cashing up and end of day procedures. You will also be required to create relevant financial reports alongside.
- Keeping the office and reception area clean and tidy.
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The suitable candidate:
- Will have the ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- Will have the ability to work their own initiative and as part of a team
- Experience working under pressure in a calm and courteous manner
- Must be willing to work weekends on a regular basis working to a flexible rota.
- Demonstrate professionalism and have excellent personal presentation
- Impeccable customer service and complaint handling skills
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Personal honesty and trustworthiness are essential
In return we offer:
- Competitive rate of pay £9.11ph
- Permanent contract with part-time hours
- Paid holiday
- Workplace pension scheme
- Company uniform
- Full training
- A great working environment