Assistant Bar Manager
An Assistant Manager is required for our traditional pub situated in East-The-Water. Braddicks Leisure is a local family owned business with well-established bars and restaurants throughout Torridge. We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with a creative mind to help promote the Blacksmith Arms and boost its appeal.
This family run pub is open all week and serves locally sourced food Thursday – Sunday. The suitable candidate will take part in the overall management of the Blacksmith Arms and work alongside the Senior Manager to organise regular events.
The ideal candidate will have experience working at supervisor level within a similar pub operation. You will need to demonstrate your ability to supervise a team and have knowledge of beer, wine and spirits.
This role is 42 hours a week. Due to the nature of the business and the industry, you will be required to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Main responsibilities include:
- Cashing handling
- Run shifts in the bar and restaurant area
- Take responsibility for food service
- Comply with licensing laws
- Train and develop the team
- Create a welcoming atmosphere
- Be attentive to customers’ needs
The suitable candidate:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety procedures
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Hospitality industry knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly, enthusiastic and creative approach
- Team player with ability to work on your own initiative
In return we offer:
- Salary rate of £9.38 per hour
- Permanent contract will full time hours all year round
- Paid holiday
- Workplace pension scheme
- Company uniform
- Full training
- A great working environment
- The opportunity to join a family run business